We begin a series of articles on installing a wooden floor. The first step in laying a wooden covering is the choice of wood.
For small rooms it is recommended to choose softwood: spruce, larch, pine, fir or cedar. The boards of these types of wood are characterized by low cost, special durability and wear resistance. From wood of an average price segment universal is an oak. Aspen and alder are also widely used in the installation of floors, especially they are suitable for bedrooms and children's rooms.
What should I remember when choosing wood?
- Wood must be dry. The raw board will subsequently lose its shape. Over-dried wood is also able to deform.
- Thoroughly inspect the boards for visible defects: cracks, resin spots, splits. Wood with similar defects should not be bought, even if you are offered a discount on it.
- Buy a board with a stock: it is better to take 15% more.
- Make sure that all boards are from the same lot. Then you will be sure that the processing of the material was carried out under the same conditions. Hence, both the drawing and the color scale of the boards will roughly coincide.
- To make a flooring of wooden floors, it is better to use pounded and edged wood, which does not need additional polishing.
Types of wooden floors
For laying wooden floors use:
- board from the array;
- parquet board made of wood;
- glued parquet board;
In future publications we will tell you how to install wooden floors, how to surface.
Carpenter in Coquitlam
If you live in British Columbia, you can specify how much it will cost to install floor. Then you will know how much you will save.
If you are satisfied with the price, our carpenter will gladly install floor in Coquitlam, Vancouver or in another city of British Columbia.
If you have a large house, then recommended excellent painter in Coquitlam – our colleagues from PaintCity.
Up to speedy meetings, and all easy repair